Hollywood’s dilemma: Gulfstream or Bombardier?
Private jet hire has long been a staple of Hollywood life, from icons such as Frank Sinatra and Richard Burton right up to the stars of the present day. Both Gulfstream and Bombardier aircraft have been consistently popular with the Hollywood elite, and now they are going head-to-head to win over the Tinseltown stars looking to travel in style.
Bombardier aircraft have long been popular with the rich and famous. The Global Express model has been especially designed for long distance flights at high speeds, which makes it perfect for frequent travellers wishing to get to their destination as quickly as possible with the minimum of stops.
1. World famous television host and philanthropist Oprah Winfrey is the proud owner of a Bombardier Global Express XRS aircraft, and has been candid about the joy her private jet brings her.
2. Business tycoon and co-founder of Microsoft Bill Gates is the proud owner of a Bombardier Global Express BD-700
3. John Travolta, star of Grease, Pulp Fiction and Face/Off, joined Bombardier as a brand ambassador in 2011 and remains an active supporter of the company.
4. William Shatner, famous for his role as Captain Kirk in Star Trek, has a close relationship with Bombardier and took part in the 15th anniversary of their Safety Standdown seminar. A documentary featuring Shatner in 2011 revealed that his character Captain Kirk inspired the CEO of Bombardier to enter the industry.
Customers of Bespoke Air Charter have an extensive array of Bombardier aircraft available for charter including the long-range Global Express 5000, super midsize Challenger 350 and the light-to-midsize Learjets 70, 75 and 85.
Gulfstream design and build some of the most technologically advanced jet, earning them world renown within their industry. Building the next generation is aviation hasn’t escaped the notice of the rich and famous either.
1. Jim Carrey, the rubber-faced star of films including Bruce Almighty, The Mask and The Truman Show, is the owner of the much sought-after Gulfstream V
2. Golfing superstar Tiger Woods uses his Gulfstream V jet to travel the world attending golf tournaments, including the British Open.
Bespoke Air Charter offers both the long-range G650 (which can reach 92% the speed of sound) and the super midsize G200, which combines the spacious cabin and generous flight range of larger jets with the flexibility and lower cost of lighter aircraft.
Both companies continue to compete and to push the boundaries of speed, luxury and quality manufacturing. The Gulfstream G650 remains one of the most sought after aircraft in the world, with a limited number in circulation and a waiting list of years. Bombardier have announced the launch of the Global Express 8000 for 2017, which is sure to provide a new challenge to Gulfstream and all other private jet manufacturers in the process.